I. Rewrite the following sentences, find them Complex Object infinitive and emphasize it. Turn suggestions on the Russian language.
1. I know him to be a great scientist.
2. We expect you to understand and solve your problem soon.
3. She does not like me to argue with her.
4. The teacher made the students copy the exercise.
5. We noticed him frown.
6. I do not think these people to be very intelligent.
7. I do not want you to leave.
8. I heard him mention my name.
9. I saw him drop his bag.
II. Rewrite the following sentences, find them Complex Subject infinitive and emphasize it. Turn suggestions on the Russian language.
1. His invention is considered to be of great importance.
2. For a long time atom was thought to be indivisible.
3. Clyde was expected to arrive at the weekend.
4. A hare is known to run fast.
5. We turned out to have met already.
6. You seem to have read a lot before entering the university.
7. These students do not work hard. They are unlikely to succeed.
8. She did not prove to be a very experienced engineer.
9. She is thought to have been ill for a long time.
III. Rewrite the following sentences, find them or Complex Object Complex Subject to communion, emphasize turnover. Turn suggestions on the Russian language.
1. When he came in he found them still arguing.
2. They are heard singing.
3. They expected her joining them.
4. She was seen playing the guitar.
5. She saw her uncle wring a letter.
6. They are seen carrying the suitcases.
7. I want a new dress made.
8. The teacher watched the students writing their test paper.
9. I felt the caterpillar crawling on my arm.
IV. Rewrite the following sentences, find them independent participial and emphasize it. Turn suggestions on the Russian language.
1. My friend coming to Moscow, I will go to meet him.
2. His sister being too nervous, it was difficult to speak to her.
3. The tank having been filled at last, Tom started the motor.
4. We went up the hill, Tom running after us.
5. The plan was discussed in details, many students having taken part in the discussion.
6. The weather being fine, all the windows were open.
7. There being no time left, we must hurry.
8. His habit being rest after dinner, we dared not disturb him.
9. Time having come, the train started.
V. Download all written text and translate it into Russian.
INVENTION OF THE INTERNET
The Internet is something which many of us now take for granted (take for granted), but the invention of the Internet is rather recent. The Internet is essentially a network connecting thousands of smaller networks into a single global network.
The Internet model was developed in 1973 by Vinton Cerf, an American computer scientist. His project was backed by the United States Department of Defense. Later Cerf made many efforts to build and standardize the Internet technology.
The Internet is known to grow to phenomenal levels over a short period of time. In 1996 about 30 million computers had been connected to the Internet in 180 different countries. But already in June 2012 more than 2.4 billion people - over a third of the world's human population - have used the services of the Internet.
Such popularity of the Internet is explained by the fact that it has enabled entirely new forms of social interaction and activities thanks to its basic features. The low cost and nearly instantaneous sharing of ideas, knowledge, and skills has made collaborative work dramatically easier. Lonely people tend to use the Internet as an outlet for their feelings and to share their stories with others.
The terms "Internet" and "World Wide Web" (World Wide Web) are often used interchangeably in everyday speech. It is common to speak of "going on the Internet" when we invoke (use) a web browser to view web pages. But the two terms are not synonymous. The World Wide Web is just one of many services running on the Internet providing a global set of documents, images and other resources.
E-mail and Internet Telephony are other important communications services available on the Internet.
The prevalent language for communication on the Internet has been English, this being a result of the origin of the Internet.
VI. Download all questions to the text, translate them and answer them in writing in English.
1. Who developed the Internet model?
2. How many people in the world use Internet now?
3. What is the cause of Internet popularity?
4. What is the World Wide Web?
5. What are important Internet communication services?
6. Why is English the prevalent language of Internet?
7. What Internet resources do you use?
VII. Write down in the third paragraph of the text proposal infinitive constructions Complex Subject, and emphasize it difficult subject.
VIII. Make a note of the last paragraph of the text of an independent proposal involved a turnover and emphasize it sacrament.
No feedback yet