КОНТРОЛЬНОЕ ЗАДАНИЕ №4
I. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие предложения, принимая во внимание, что субъектный и объектный инфинитивный обороты большей частью соответствуют придаточным предложениям (см. образец выполнения № 1).
1. He is believed to be of different opinion on this question.
2. Our teacher hates us to be late.
3. The members of the committee were expected to come to an agreement.
4. He ordered the documents to be checked carefully.
5. He ordered the secretary to check the documents carefully.
6. The river is believed to be suitable for navigation.
II. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык предложения, учитывая различия в переводе зависимого и независимого причастных оборотов.
1. At last the excitement died down, the captain having assured the passengers, that there was no longer the slightest danger.
2. Having introduced the new words, the teacher asked one of the students to read them.
3. The key having been lost, they could not enter the cottage.
III.Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие сложные предложения, содержащие придаточные предложения условия.
1. Should he fail his examination he will be allowed to try again in a month.
2. Had we come to the station a minute earlier we should not have missed the train.
3. You could stay in my place provided you promise to leave no mess.
IV. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык текст.
THE ATTACK ON BRITAIN’S ENVIRONMENT
Most of the western nations have the same basic environmental problems, but they take different forms in each country. Here you can read about some of the dangers facing Britain’s environments.
One of Britain’s environmental successes has been the control of air pollution, especially in London. Thirty years ago hundreds of people died every year from the dreadful London smogs. Since then London and many other cities have become smokeless zones, areas where no coal fires are allowed. But now the increase in traffic is threatening serious air pollution in our cities again.
However, the commonest air pollution comes from the cigarette smoke which pollutes many public places, like cinemas, pubs and restaurants. Though cigarette advertisements are not allowed on TV or radio, you can still see them on posters in cinemas and in newspapers and magazines. The advertisements don’t tell you that doctors believe cigarettes cause 30.000 deaths in Britain every year.
Traffic and aircraft can cause serious noise pollution. Air-crafts are very noisy when they take off and the noise spreads over a wide area. Heathrow airport, near London, is the busiest airport in the world. Planes are only allowed to take off and land at Heathrow between six in the morning and eleven at night, but during the day fifty planes take off and land there every hour.
No feedback yet