Контрольная работа №2
I. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глаголы в Present Perfect, переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. She (to go) to Egypt several times.
2. What is it? - I (to break) the window .
3. They just (to come) here.
4. Don’t worry! I already (to solve) the problem.
5. Thank you. I already (to find) a pen.
6. She (to write) two articles this year.
II. Поставьте глаголы в Present Perfect или Past Simple.
1. I just (to see) our teacher.
2. Alex (to meet) his friend two hours ago.
3. The builders already (to decide) what to do with the drainpipe.
4. The wind (to blow) off the man’s hat, but he caught it
5. Last night I (to feel) tired and (to go) to bed very early.
III. Раскройте скобки, поставьте глаголы в Past Simple или Past Perfect.
1. He (not to know) French before he (to visit) France.
2. He (to be) glad to return home because he (to travel) a lot.
3. I suddenly (to remember) I (not to switch off) the iron.
4. She (to cook) five meals for dinner when we (to come).
5. When I (to phone) him yesterday, he already (to go) to Kiev.
IV. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глаголы в будущее время (Simple, Continuous, Perfect), переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. You (to know) the results of the exam by 11 tomorrow.
2. I think you (to do) it better with Mary’s help.
3. She (to learn) her Chinese the whole day tomorrow.
4. Next year she (to graduate) fr om the University.
5. Mr. Right insists that they (to finish) the work by June.
6. He (to play) volleyball at 5 tomorrow.
V. Подчеркните сказуемое предложения, определите его видовременную форму, переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. He has worked hard for the last 6 months.
2. He is working at the factory.
3. These boys like reading travel stories.
4. She phoned them fr om Moscow.
5. They were walking in the park at 7.
6. He swims very well.
7. The weather will be fine tomorrow.
VI. Подчеркните модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты в предложениях, переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. I can easily carry this suitcase.
2. He must be at the library at 9 o’clock.
3. I had to promise her to come next week.
4. He was able to shut the door in time.
5. May we sit closer to the lecturer?
6. You don’t look well, you shouldn’t smoke so much.
VII. Заполните пропуски соответствующими модальными глаголами и их эквивалентами.
1. ...I borrow your dictionary? (have/ may/ must)
2. You ... call your brother immediately. (must/ can/ may)
3. Don’t drink strong coffee, you ... better drink green tea. (should/ could/ may)
4. She ... speak German, French and English. (may/must/can)
5. It was raining and I ... stay at home (had to/could/should).
6. I ... go to the park today because I am busy. (can’t/mustn’t/shouldn’t)
VIII. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на перевод существительных в функции определения.
1. I don’t know where the office building is.
2. I like mushroom soup very much.
3. She was waiting not far fr om the city centre.
4. He wears only cotton clothes.
5. They investigate corruption cases.
IX. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на степени сравнения прилагательных и наречий и на сравнительные конструкции.
1. This story is more interesting.
2. Jack is as intelligent as John.
3. It’s the nicest park I’ve ever seen.
4. Helen is the best student in her group.
5. It was much harder for to walk in darkness.
6. He wants to spend more time with his family.
7. The sooner we finish, the higher the pay will be.
X. Заполните пропуски словами many, much, a lot of.
1. My mother says I eat too ... .
2. ... of their answers were excellent.
3. There were ... people on the streets.
4. There wasn’t ... space in the room.
5. My friend has ... English books.
XI. Составьте утвердительные предложения из следующих слов.
1. a firm, big, a director, is, he, of.
2. sons, clever, so, are, his.
3. tomorrow, shall, home, come, I, late.
XII. Выберите соответствующий вспомогательный глагол для отрицательных предложений: a) do, b) does, c) did, d) is, e) are, f) was, g) have, h) will
1. I ... not write my test well yesterday.
2. I ... not invite my cousin next time.
3. We ... not agree with your decision.
4. She ... not working now.
5. He ... not like travelling much.
6. They ... not done their work yet.
XIII. Поставьте следующие предложения в отрицательную форму.
1. I broke my leg last year.
2. He reads a lot.
3. She has taken a new dog.
4. They were watching football yesterday evening.
5. We’ll call you at 5.
XIV. Заполните пропуски соответствующими вопросительными словами.
1. … did you mean?
2. ... haven’t you phoned me?
3. ... are my glasses?
4. ... will help you if I leave?
5. ... is your daughter?
XV. Поставьте вопрос к выделенным словам в предложении. Начните вопрос с указанного слова.
1. She is in the cafe with her friends. Wh ere ...
2. They enjoy fishing. What...
3. Peter bought a new car. Who...
4. They worked hard to pay for the house. Why...
5. We were not feeling well. How...
XVI. Прочитайте и письменно переведите весь текст.
Scotland: a land of contrasts
Scotland provides superb opportunities to enjoy wild and grand scenery which is even more impressive than the postcards suggest. It also offers towns and cities with a rich cultural life, a good mix of accommodation and places to eat and drink. Friendly and welcoming, it is an interesting and colourful all-season destination, wh ere landscapes and the environment, sport and leisure pursuits, heritage and history, culture and cuisine are all part of a rewarding experience.
The best reason for choosing to go on holiday to Scotland is this: it is one of the last places inside the crowded and frenetic European Union wh ere it is possible to be alone in the isolated countryside. This is not to say that Scotland, like everywhere else, does not have its tourist traps, its crowded roads or its popular beauty spots. But it is relatively easy to escape from them.
It would be a mistake to think that Scotland is merely an extension of England. Indeed, no attitude is capable of causing greater offence to the Scots. They successfully resisted English attempts at domination for seven hundred years, and many differences between the two countries persist.
Scotland´s history, embodied in its castles, battlefields, and ancient links with France, Flanders and Scandinavia, is special.
No feedback yet